Simon Fowler – Illustrator & Print-Maker
I am a London born & based artist, working in a variety of media but predominantly
employing pen and ink and various intaglio print processes such as lino and wood engraving.
I enjoy nothing more than making things with my hands,
the tactile side of making something is half the fun of it for me, be that a drawing,
print or cooking, it’s all one and the same.
I have worked with a wide variety of musicians over the past seven years, crossing many genre.
They are predominantly crazy.
You can find evidence of these excursions in the Artwork
page or by this link
to the pdf version (8MB)
Please feel free to enquire about commissions or sales.
Clients & collaborators include:
Kevin Martin – The Bug
Master Musicians of Bukkake
Bryce Davesne / electiic
Wolves in the Throne Room – Southern Lord Records
Kohhei Matsuda / Bo Ningen – Stolen Recordings
Dylan Carlson / Earth
Stephen O’Malley / Sunn O)))
Broken Press – Screen Printers
Boris – Inoxia Records / Daymare Recordings
Supersonic Festival – Capsule
Shepherds (Falkiner Fine Paper)
Jake Blanchard – Tor Press
-Dates TBA – Exhibition at Broken Press, Seattle, WA. Autumn 2012.
- Simon Fowler – Illustrations & Prints Exhibition
At The Fox Reformed, London, N16. 23rd of November until early February 2012
- Present Time Exercises Exhibition – Curated by Cameron Deas.
At The Festival of Endless Gratitude, Copenhagen, Denmark. 15th to the 18th of September 2011
- Do Not Look at the Sun Issue 5 – Postcards From Paris – April 2011
- Roadburn Festival – April 15th 2011 (stage projection for Sunn O))) curated event)
- Rumpus Vol.3 – February 11th 2011
- Supersonic Festival – ‘From Light to Dark’ October 2010
- Birmingham Zine Festival Exhibition – September 2010
- Simon Fowler at Pogo Cafe – Prints Exhibition – February – March 2009
- Conflicts in London – Group Exhibition at ‘The Others’ Stoke Newington – April 2006
- LCC Printmaking Group Show – Cottons Atrium, London – 2004
Cataract is a small press I run with writer Paolo Chianta. Our projects are collected in the Cataract Publishing and Shop sections of the site, you can follow our work in progress by checking our blog. We have a new project in the works which will reach further than the hand made book format, look here from time to time for updates.
A selection of Cataract titles can be found on the Shop page and at the following bookshops:
Shepherds Bookbinders Ltd (formerly Falkiner Fine Paper) 76 Southampton Row, London, WC1B 4AR
Bryce Davesne (electiic)
Dylan Carlson Albion
EARTH – Dylan Carlson
Jake Blanchard – Illustrator
Tom Fewings – Illustrator
Machiko Hombu – Set Designer
Stephen O’Malley – Ideologic
Kiki Hitomi – Illustrator/Designer/Singer
Goh Nakada (Gorgonn) – Dub Cow
Southern Lord Records
Day After Prints
Shirts & Destroy
Max Radings – Cff Music
JohnnyXXX – Painter/Musician/Fisherman
Paul O’Connell – Sound of Drowning
Shepherds Falkiners – Fine Papers & Book-binders supplies